Please note the Author Spotlights are open for Christian Authors and Christian books only. I would ask that you consider following my blog.
Author Interviews: If you are an author and would like to be interviewed on TSIOU please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
This is what I ask authors to do:
- Make up 2-4 questions yourself and answer them about what you would like my readers to know about you and your books, then answer the following questions: (you don’t have to answer them all, choose the ones that are most applicable for you)
- What was the inspiration (motivation) behind the book? (Why did you write the book?)
- What do you hope this book accomplishes?
- Who (or what) is your greatest encourager when you write and why?
- Upcoming events?
- Any tips for upcoming authors?
- How can readers connect with you?
- What genre is your book?
(remember to include a head shot of you, picture of the front cover of your book(s) and links like your website etc.)
In addition, I also recommend that you consider a giveaway on the day the interview is posted. From personal experience I have found that definitely attracts attention to your work! It also encourages comments etc. If interested in offering a giveaway just indicate that (and what you are offering as a giveaway: book, e-gift, gift card etc.) when you send in your answered interview questions. After the blog is posted those who have left comments at the end of the interview (if any), are considered eligible to win your giveaway. You choose the winner and you send them their prize. (You, the author, assumes any and all costs associated with mailing etc.)
I will send you the link to the interview on the day I post it on TSIOU and then I publicize it on Facebook, Twitter etc. You, the author should also tweet, Facebook etc. to actively promote the interview any way you like.