Thursday, April 26, 2012

Today's Phenomenal Woman is Ashley Reece

Ashley, The Spotlight Is On You! Tell us a little bit about yourself?

I’m 26 years old, an author, and CEO of Blessedfyi.com (Blessed.Faith.Youth.Inspiration).  Most of all, I’m a child of God!  I’m a firm believer in Jesus Christ and this why I have dedicated my career towards Him; and I’m hoping to share the Gospel to others.  



What are some of you major accomplishments?

In December 2010, I started blessedfyi.com, and I must say that was one major accomplishment I’m very proud of.   After starting my magazine that following year, I was blessed to publish two books.  My first book is entitled Strong Little Praying Hands - Christian Prayer Book for Youth.  It has twelve prayers for youth and twelve related Bible verses.  My second book is entitled Strong Praying Hands - Christian Prayer Book for Everyone
First, tell us your vision and mission for the magazine. 

How did the idea come for launching the magazine?

Blessedfyi.com is an online Christian magazine with youth writers who spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ to all Christians.  My youth writers have so much to say about Jesus, and I feel this why we have thousands of readers all over the world.  Blessedfyi.com is a Christian website where everyone can praise and learn the Word of God.  Not only does it encourage our readers, but it also allows readers to stay up-to-date with the latest Christian news, music, books, and much more.  

What was the inspiration (motivation) behind the book? (Why did you write the book?) 

As a preschool teacher, I learned that many children had no idea about praying. Some also had no idea about Jesus Christ.  I feel that everyone should not only know about Jesus, but also praise and worship His name. I’m a firm believer that Christ is the only way we are able to wake up and live each day. He is the only One that makes all things possible in our lives.  
After I wrote Strong Little Praying Hands, parents were asking me if I have a prayer book for them. I decided to write Strong Praying Hands-Christian Prayer Book for Everyone.  This book contains prayers and their related Bible verses as well.  I also included discussion topics with the prayers that may affect us every day.  Some of the topics discussed are gossip, friendship, giving your entire heart to Jesus, and much more!
What do you hope this book accomplishes? 

After reading my book, I hope that readers understand the importance of praying.  Prayer not only allows us to communicate with God, but gives us faith each day that God will bless us with whatever we need in our lives.  We can come to Him any time, any day, as ourselves and He is always there to listen. 

Who (or what) is your greatest encourager when you write and why? 

My greatest encourager when I write is God, of course. He gives me the inspiration to write and put it in the books.  My parents are my number one fans and have encouraged me so much. My parents instilled in me at a young age the importance of believing and following Christ.

Upcoming Events?

I have been invited to do book readings and signings at many Christian events and schools.  I’m scheduled to have some book readings and signings next month as well. Strong Little Praying Hands will also be on display at the New Jersey book show case this June and the New York book show case this October.  

Any tips for upcoming authors? 

It’s important to have faith and stay consistent in whatever you do.  In this day of time, there are so many publishing tools available.  Self-publishing companies such as lulu.com make it so easy to get your book published in many formats.  

How can readers connect with you? 





No comments: