Monday, June 4, 2012

Author Ornitha Danielle

Thanks Ornitha for joining us today.....

Ornitha, Tell us about yourself?

I’m the proud mother of three children and the wife to Rodney “LeeStylez” Taylor a professional photographer and graphic designer. I’m a native of Memphis, TN and now reside in Somerville, TN. I’m currently working on my degree in Speech and Theater with emphasis on Creative Writing. I’m the owner and Editor-in-Chief of my own Magazine called “So Fyh Magazine Online and So Fyh Book Reviews also. I’m the eldest of four children. I’m The So Fyh Literary Diva (D.I.V.A) means D= Divine, I= Inspired, V=Virtuous Vessel of the who am I kidding, looking at myself as a writer, But I thank God for all that I’ve learned. Staying focused on my goals, dreams and ambitions have gotten me to where I am today. If it hadn’t been for God on my side during this time, I have no idea where I would be? However I’ve made it through. 
 
What was your path towards publication like?

I don’t believe I really had a certain path, or at least I don’t recall
Lord, A= Angel ™ ©) The D.I.V.A of all things literary. (“I’m a diva in my own right, I own my own and going to hold my own.” ™ © )

Tell our readers about your journey to writing.
 
Well my journey has been one ride after another. I have learned some things along this literary road, some good and some of it bad. I’d even thought to myself ll having one. All I knew was that I wanted and needed to write. 

How do you balance your life as an author with your duties as a businessperson, employee, parent and/or spouse?

Funny you should ask that…. Begin a woman we had to learn to multi-task, as mother, wife, and a businesswoman, I have always danced to my own music in other words I’ve called my own shots; my life really hasn’t stopped just because I’m an author/novelist/poet that was just another aspect or ingredient to add to my life.  And now with my family all grown up now basically: having two children in college and one in high school. I have understood that it was time for me, as a woman to do a few things that I’ve always wanted to do that time hadn’t allotted for me in the past. My husband and I are now at a place where we can do a few things since our children are becoming more independent.

What is your best advice for getting past writer's block?

My advice would be to step away from it all before you loss it (lol) literally. I’ve had to go back and re-read what I’d written or maybe even read a different book to get a little inspiration and maybe listen to some music. That usually helps me from time to time. 

What was the best writing-related advice you ever received?
The best writing-related advice that I ever received was basically to just write and write and write and write some more. Whatever you’re feeling, experiencing, what you’re going through. That has helped me with my writing.  

Please tell us why you feel this way?

Well during the process of writing this book, I experienced so much, and writing allowed me to bolt for freedom. To be one with my thoughts and passion for writing, basically I have a love for words. As a child my parents had given me the second best give besides life was the love of books. Reading and writing became my best friend, a friend that never told secrets or judged me, on how I felt, or what I thought. 

 How has it helped you, etc?

This has helped me to overcome some of the writing issues, like not feeling the flow. I sometimes have to be in the mode to write or feel inspired by something to write. 

Can you tell us a little bit about your latest book?

My book is a Urban Christian Fiction novel, which deals with real life issues, that sometimes we as Christians face on a daily bases. Just because we’re Christians we aren’t exempted from life. We are living in a world full of sin and we’re sinful people, but we are striving to be sinless on a daily bases.  Some of the characters’ in this novel will take you on a wild ride; of all the things that they allow their fleshly desires to do. And even they know right from wrong and they still indulge in worldly things. Just as so many of us today. 

How did you come up with the idea for your book?

God inspired the ideas for this book. In this industry I believe that we didn’t need another negative entity place in the atmosphere. This book will inspire many individuals as it has done me, while writing it. As a Christian novelist I do believe that I’m responsible for what materials that I place in the world for everyone to see. I also believe that one day each of us will be held accountable for what we do
What was the most difficult aspect of writing this book?

The most difficult part of actually writing this book was when I first started writing it the book it had a different titled called “A Forbidden Romance: A Quest for Happiness.  There was a great struggle with how I was trying to write the story and what God was saying to me about what I needed to write.

(Please share why it was difficult as well as insight into how you overcame this difficulty.) 

How I overcame this difficultly was I had to step away from the book for a while basically for three months. During that time I went into prayer about the direction I needed to go and how HE wanted me to write this book. I prayed everyday, until I got an answer. A finally I heard from God saying…  The book that you’re writing is not the way you will write it.” He then gave me a new title “A Heart Of Reign”…. I was able to keep some of the storyline and HE told me that I was going to write it, but the way HE wanted it written. 

Did you have to do any special research for your book?
Yes! Actually, I did have to some special research for my book, because some of the things that are going on in the story, I had to make sure it was actually possible or could even happen. 

What’s ahead for your writing?

I plan to write more Christian novels and even write a few poetry books, including my Memoirs. And I also plan to have my online magazine in print form in the near future. I plan to write a few plays and movies. In other words wherever my craft and passion for writing leads me I’ll go. Whatever is God’s path for me as a novelist I’ll follow it. 

What opportunities have opened up because of your writing?

I’ve been blessed with many opportunities to write for many publications such as; several online magazines, I written press releases for businesses, I’ve written book reviews for authors. I’ve even written public service announcements and petitions, sponsor letters for a non- profit organization. I’ve written commercial advertisements for businesses. I’ve written radio monologues and I’ve entered into a few writing contest and was even featured in a few online magazines because of my writings. 

How can people connect with you?

People can connect with through Facebook, Twitter and my websites.   http://www.facebook.com/Ornitha, http://www.sofyhbookreviews.com http://www.sofyhmagazineonline.com/
Where can readers purchase copies of your books?

My book will be available via Createspace, Amazon and my websites.

No comments: